Friday, February 26, 2010

Summing Up This Weeks Deals!

First of all let me apologies for the late posting last week.  I was super busy, but this week I tried to get it posted much faster.  This week there are a few pretty decent deals that I'm excited about.  Take a look below:

Stater Brothers has a really great price on those whole chickens.  If you're in need of a freezer stock up here ya go!  It wasn't until I needed to save big money on groceries that I ever bought a whole chicken.  Previously it was always boneless, skinless, chicken breast in my house.  Once I discovered these little gems however I saved a bundle.  Don't know what to do with a whole chicken?  Surprisingly there are lots of things!  Click HERE for some of my favorite recipes!  Ground beef and turkey's are a decent price too.  Their green cabbage is a great price.  It's a great vegie to serve up if cooked correctly, and highly nutritious!  Grab some asparagus while you're there, that is a GREAT price!  Just clean them, cut the woody part of the stem off, cut them into pieces, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and garlic, and Parmesan if you wish, roast them at 400 degrees for maybe 5-8 minutes.  They should be bright green and still have a bit of a crunch.  YUM!  Even my picky eater kids like asparagus like this.


Vons has me jumping for joy for their 7-Bone Chuck Pot Roast!  Gotta love a freezer stocking worthy price like that on red meat!  You might also consider getting one or two of those pork loins since that's not a bad price.  They have great prices on their asparagus, oranges, and cantaloupes as well.  And while you're there grab some Honey Bunches of Oats and Frosted Flakes.

Ralphs is ok this week.  They actually have some pretty decent deals.  If you don't have a membership to Sam's Club or Costco, or a Henry's nearby, then the Boneless, Skinless, Chicken breast is a good deal and you'll want to get some there.  For those of you who participate in Lent or love seafood, you'll find some pretty sweet deals going on lately.  Ralphs has some seafood prices to take note of.  Grab some green grapes, and broccoli and cauliflower while you're there.  And please be sure to check out the deal for 2 free gallons of milk!

Albertsons is back in the game this week!  I'll be stocking up on their boneless chuck roast!  It's more expensive than the 7-bone roast at Staters, but there is more meat so it might wind up being a better deal...what do you think?  I'll have to check that out.  Stock up on that super priced split chicken breast deal, and the ground beef is a pretty good deal too.  They have some great seafood deals going on too.  Avocados are only $.50 each here, and take note of some great cereal prices too!


Food 4 Less has some amazing deals on produce and meat, I must say.  They are putting even Henry's to shame on some of their sale prices.  Wow seriously, if you have one of these near you, be sure to give them a chance.  Great prices!

 Henry's always has some really great produce deals.  I'm so glad I have one of these near me.  This is typically where I go to stock up on produce.  They bring in produce from locally grown farms so it's fresher!  Sometimes they have really great deals on all natural meats as well.  For example this week they have boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.88/pound.  I usually buy my boneless skinless chicken breast at Sams Club, but since these are all natural, and since I'll be there for produce anyway, I'll be getting it from Henry's this week.  Every once in a while they get in some Buffalo meat.  Now before you turn your nose up at the sound of that, you should know that it tastes just like beef only better!  I had a buffalo filet mignon a few years ago, and it was the best I've ever tasted!  It's like beef but enhanced with yummy flavor.  If you have tried buffalo before, please post a comment of how well you liked it or disliked it below for the other readers.  If you would like to see if you have a Henry's near by you click HERE.

So what do you all think of these weeks prices?  Have you been saving money, if so how much?  Please feel free to comment and let us all know.

Don't forget that you can win a FREE years worth of groceries.  Click HERE to see how.

Click HERE to see my list of great ways to make money on the web.

Don't forget to see if there are any coupons for anything you're buying HERE or the banner below.


ShopAtHome Banner



Have a GREAT week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment