Thursday, January 7, 2010

This Weeks Sum-Up!

Welcome new people! I hope that you find this blog useful to you, it definitely helps my family. Saving money is more important now than ever and this is an easy baby step towards learning how.

At Stater Bros. the ground beef is a really great deal, however keep in mind that the meat is super fatty, so when cooked it shrinks quite a bit. Our family doesn't care for pork, but I can still tell that the ham is a great deal! Grab some of those oranges while you're there, that's a really good price, and they are sooooo yummy right now!

Ralph's has a really good price on their ground sirloin this week. While it's not a better price than the fattier one at Stater Bros., it is a healthier meat and won't shrink as much when cooked. Now those split chicken breasts are definitely something to stock up on! Luckily here in So. Cal. we can still BBQ which is what our family does with these mostly. I found some great marinades along with mesquite chunk charcoal that makes these finger licking good! Obviously my family will be stocking up on this very inexpensive supper!

Von's has me craving some pot roast this week! Check out that price on the 7 bone pot roast, wow! Too bad it's a limit of 3, I guess I'll be making more than one trip there. Grab a bag of potatoes while you're there. $.77 cents for a 5# bag is a great deal and you'll need them for your pot roast! I can taste the mashed potatoes now, no wait, the roasted potatoes, no wait the cheesy potatoes......

Albertsons has a really good price on their tri tip, however the whole chicken has me excited! Bummer it's not Foster Farms which really is a better chicken than the Albertsons brand, but the price makes up for that! Save a bundle and stock your freezer with these so you have them on hand when you're family is sick. We lived off of chicken noodle soup for a couple of weeks here.

Henry's as usual has amazing deals on their locally grown produce. Be sure to check out their ad. And if you want to know if there is a Henry's near you, click here.

I don't have a Food 4 Less near me, but checking out their ads every week I wish I did. They really do have GREAT prices, many items are even lower than Stater. Bros. If you have a Food 4 Less near you, be sure to check their ad. If you don't already shop there, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

As for Fresh & Easy.....blehhhhhhhhh! I'm not even going to bother doing their ads anymore.

Have a great week everyone!!

P.S. If you're looking for ways to ad a little change to your pockets, check out this post. These are tried and true, tested by me ways that definitely pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment