Friday, December 11, 2009

Summing it up!

Well this week again if you have only one store that you can hit up, it Should be Stater Bros. However if you're able to hit up several stores, you can stock up on meats for the freezer and be eating super cheap living off of them for a while.

At Stater Bros. you definitely want to stock your freezer with those whole chickens. There are a lot of things you can do with that cooked meat. They also have a good price on their top sirloin steak. However if you have a Henry's near you they also have their top sirloin for the same price this weekend and it's all natural so in my opinion it's a better deal since I'll already be there for their produce. If you love crab, then be sure to pick up that dungenous crab deal they have going on. That's a GREAT price. We're not seafood people over here, but I know that's a great price. Also, don't pass up that box of clementines, nor the cantaloupe or broccoli, those are great prices. If you just get the meat and produce mentioned here for the week, just think how cheap your grocery bill will be.

Ralph's doesn't really do anything for me this week. Maybe they're gearing up for next week? You can get a decent deal on those beef back ribs and much of their produce though.

Von's has some great freezer stocking deals this week. I'll be stocking my freezer with those pot roasts and chicken breast halves for sure! And I'd be grabbing some navel oranges too if I didn't notice that Henry's has them for only $.25 cents/pound wow! But if you don't have a Henry's near you, this is still a great deal so grab them here at Vons.

Albertsons has their boneless, skinless, chicken breast on sale for $1.77/pound. This is the same price you can get it for at Sams Club and at Henry's this weekend (which is all natural so I'll be getting it here), but if you don't have a membership to Sam's or no Henry's near you then be sure to buy it here. They also have a great price on their bottom round roast so I might be grabbing one or a couple of those. Their avocados are a great deal too, so since I'm there I might grab some of those and make me some guacamole!! YUM!

Henry's as usual has amazing deals on their locally grown produce. Be sure to check out their ad. And if you want to know if there is a Henry's near you, click here. This week they have prices on pork chops, top sirloin, and boneless skinless chicken breast that are the same as the best deals as the four major chains. However, if you have a Henry's near you I suggest you get the meat here. I figure if I'm paying the same price as the other stores, I might as well get the healthier all natural ones here.

I don't have a Food 4 Less near me, but checking out their ads every week I wish I did. They really do have GREAT prices, many items are even lower than Stater. Bros. If you have a Food 4 Less near you, be sure to check their ad. If you don't already shop there, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

As for Fresh & Easy.....blehhhhhhhhh! I really don't get that store. I find most of their items are more expensive, and sale prices aren't so great usually. What do you all think of Fresh & Easy? Am I missing something here?

Only 14 more days left for Christmas! I hope everyone is keeping in good cheer and is ready to go! I have a lot more to do myself, sigh.....

Have a great week everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the top sirloin @ Henry's and found it to be rather tough. The flavor was good but was very chewy. But, I usually buy my meat @ Costco, and theirs is prime, so maybe that is why I found Henry's to be a little tough.

    ReplyDelete